Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fall Trends-Volume and Lace

...So, just to let you all know, I was dead tired this morning. Two classes, unfinished sketches, 3 hours of sleep... not a good combo. Surprisingly though, I saw an outfit that was aesthetically pleasing and made my day a lot better.

 













Alexandra is a fellow student at FIDM and is in my industry
sewing class.
Whenever I look back from where I sit, I tend to always see Alexandra wearing a well thought out ensemble. Today was no exception.
What really drew me to her outfit was the dress. As we all know, voluminous silhouettes have been extremely hot this season. Many designers, such as Valentino and D&G, have created fall looks with exaggerated volume (especially in the shoulders). Alexandra's dress is an example of a wearable version of this fall trend, since the shoulder volume is subtle. Her leggings also drew me in, resembling the Bally lace leggings for Fall '09.
Now on to her accessories. Alexandra's necklace resembles the Chanel layered necklaces. Her earrings are Betsy Johnson studded flowers and she is wearing a black stone ring.
As you can see, the hair tied back is present in this photo, just like in my last post. Tied back hair, paired with the popping red lips works very well with the whole look.

You can find Alexandra's look or similar ones in several places. Here are my suggestions...

Dress- Barney's New York, Express, BCBG, H&M, Forever 21
Leggings- Bally, Ann Ferriday, Kova & T, Mango
Necklace- Chanel, David Yurman, JuicyCouture, Express 
Earrings- Betsey Johnson, David Yurman, Kate Spade, Juicy Couture
Ring- David Yurman, Barney's New York, Forever 21
Flats- Everywhere...

Thank you to Alexandra for being our fabulous model for this post. A message to all... stay fabulous, stay fashionable and always be ready for a photo op...

No comments:

Post a Comment