Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Modern Vintage

Hello again and happy holidays to all of my followers and viewers. Today was a special day in LA. It happened to rain, and if you know me well, you know that I love the rain! So I arrived just in time to my first class, only to see that half the class was running late. Ten minutes later, in walks in one of my good friends, and our newest love ur Labels model.




















Eurie is also a fashion design major. She is always wearing an outfit containing one or more amazing vintage pieces. Today was no exception. Eurie displays for us how trends can turn around and become popular again. I’m talking specifically about the vibrant red jacket that she is wearing. We all know that the masculine silhouetted jacket was all over the fashion scene this season. Eurie is donning a vintage Christian Dior Red Jacket, belted at the waist. The broad shouldered look is well paired with a pair of slimming tights. She also accessorized well with bracelets and fingerless gloves (how Lagerfeld of you...). But the statement piece of the ensemble would definitely  have to be the deadly looking shoes. They seriously look more like a weapon than a shoe, and that excites me. Style should push the boundaries of the norm, and Eurie is pushing the envelope very much so.

You can find Eurie's look or similar ones in several places. Here are my suggestions...

Jacket- Max Mara, Giorgio Armani, Urban Outfitters
Belt- The Limited, Nordstrom, Express
Leggings- Forever 21, everywhere...
Socks- American Apparel, Target
Shoes- LF Stores
Gloves- Urban Outfitters, Barney's New York
Bracelets- Marc Jacobs, Kitson, Kenneth Jay Lane

















I definitely had fun taking pictures of Eurie, and from the looks of it, she had fun too. This isn't the first time I've seen her dressing stylish. It shows that she really thinks about her outfit everyday before she steps out of the door, and I am thankful for that. Thank you for being our model for this post. Please don't stop being chic Eurie.

And to everyone else out there, remember to be thoughtful in the way you dress. I will be leaving LA for the holidays, but that doesn't mean you can slack. I'll still be judging everyone's outfits as I see them and I don't leave for another week or so.... put in the effort, and i'll make it worth your while...

1 comment: