Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bridging the Gap

Hello! Hope all my readers and followers have been coping well in my time of abandonment. But don't worry...i'm here now.

Fashion doesn't wait for anyone. It is a living, progressive being that is ever evolving. Fortunately, the latest "loveurLAbels" model was caught up with fashion trends when I spotted her. It is my pleasure to introduce you to the gorgeous Mindy...


I met Mindy at a party through a mutual friend. She is fun, bubbly, friendly.....but mostly fun. After talking to her, with the help of a few drinks, me and Mindy became quick friends. Her outfit struck me as I observed it and made me think of a few runway ensembles I have seen lately. It was edgy and modern, yet minimal and casual in the styling. The pieces and the colors  reminded me of the Narciso Rodriguez spring 2010 show, but the silhouette resembled that of Balmain's structured jackets and fitted pants.


The gray top bearing midriff is a great piece for the summer. It has the shape and silhouette of a spring 2010 piece, yet contains a featured trend color for fall 2010, bridging the gap between the two fashion seasons. Gray is seen all over in fall 2010 runways such as Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Rag & Bone, and Yigal Azrouel. Also, Pantone featured color 14-1107, Oyster  Gray, as one of the ten featured fall 2010 colors in their color report.



To finish of the outfit, Mindy paired it with a great set of white shoes and wore an understated silver necklace.



You can find Mindy's look or similar ones in several places. Here are my suggestions...

Jacket: Dior Homme, Celine, Banana Republic, H&M, Billabong
Top: Alexander Wang, LF Stores, American Apparel
Jeans: Vince, J-Brand, Genetic Denim, Mango, Guess, JC Penny
Shoes: Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, Jessica Simpson
Necklace: Finn, Ileana Makri, Macy's



A huge thank you to Mindy for inspiring me to create this post. You looked amazing, in-fashion, and something tells me that you will always be in style. As for everyone else, watch out. I may have been on a hiatus for a while, but my eyes remain vigilant. Always look your best. You never know who might be watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment